Allen screws for engine side covers.
Suitable for air cooled RD250 & 350 1973-1979
This kit contains
Stainless steel or Alloy Steel Zinc Plated the choice is yours.
- highly corrosion resistant
- NOT high tensile (not generally an issue with engine side covers)
- is somewhat reactive with aluminium and will cause aluminium to corrode all be it very slowly.
Alloy Steel Zinc Plated
- High tensile steel (not really a requirement for engine side covers)
- Corrosion resistant, but to a lessor extent than stainless
- corrosion with dissimilar metal, aluminium, is minor with the zinc plating being sacrifical.
What would I chose - zinc plate and maybe buy a spare set (they are cheap) and replace when neccessary.